Friday, June 26, 2015

Update On My Lack of Updates

When I first started writing this blog, the intention was for me to work through everything I was reading about the Myers-Briggs, Jung and Marie-Louise Von Franz. I was a philosophy graduate student at the time, so it made for a nice break from paper writing. It was also, in part, a way for me to work through my own type uncertainties after having a somewhat confusing experience of testing as INFJ (with four out of five facets out of preference) but getting professionally typed as INTJ, a type I'd never considered for myself. Well, I guess all of that philosophy coursework really helped me to create some thought-provoking blog posts because it soon got posted on Personality Cafe, which attracted a high number of viewers. Now this blog comes up as a top search result on Google. This wasn't necessarily my intention as the blog was really just a way for me to write out my thoughts; a way to work through positions I was considering at the time but wasn't particularly invested in.

I don't write in this blog anymore. I suppose I'm a bit resigned with the Myers-Briggs. I've come to the conclusion that it just doesn't map on to my personality as well as the Big Five or the Enneagram. I've expressed skepticism in the past about being able to extract one's Myers-Briggs type from the Big Five, but I've since read articles in the Journal of Psychological Type where certified MBTI practitioners are doing exactly that. At any rate, with very high Neuroticism and very high Openness but low-average Agreeableness, the Big Five accounts for things that, at the level of personality type description, MBTI theory proved near-impossible for me to resolve. So, I find myself correlating because it's the best I can hope for. Meanwhile my attention drifts to other things.

I may update this blog from time to time. I reserve the right to do so should something occur to me. However, I don't anticipate that I will update it on a regular basis in the near future. For that reason, I've disabled comments. I'll get comments on posts I made 1,2, 3 even five years ago. Often, it's been weeks or even months since the person left it so there's no real point in responding. If I start maintaining this blog regularly again, I'll no doubt enable commenting again. In the meantime, if you want to keep up with me, you can check out my tarot blog over here.

No comments: